Friday, August 14, 2009

Death of the Dragon

The high elves have been dealt a bitter loss... the daemons have broken through the protective wards of the Asur. As wave upon innumerable wave of daemons stand poised to find material form in the real world. And now, the elves are forced to pour in more lives, to save even more innocent ones... The battle for the future of the world hangs in the balance...

* * * *

This fight was a tough one. And I must admit was a hard loss to swallow...
I guess the biggest mistake i made was one that was right from the start. My army selection.
To choose mainly elite units
from an elite army was just a recipe for disaster.
My army in the end was small and lacked the mobility to deal with the daemons. And didn't have the punch, nor the resilience...
Which brings me to the next point... my dragon mage... I guess it was the same situation too. It was neither a close combat monster, nor did it dominate the magic phase...
So in the end, my whole army was stunted. It did not have the ability to attack well, nor did it defend well when it was attacked.

Conversely, Andy's army had a plan. He had a powerful magic phase and his other half of his army was able to defend his battleline well.

Well, the campaign hangs in the balance... we'll see if the high elves can claw back a victory next!

No comments: