Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Chaos Vs Vampire Counts.

Irina Tatyana climbed on top of the monstrous daemonic warmachine; with all her inhuman might, she stab a fist into the hulking chunk of metal...
only to break her nails.

Did i mention how much I hate things like the Hellcannon. With a template that causes Str 10 hits and the daemonic presence to reroll the scatter die, it has been rather irritating. It killed 10 grave guard from 2 turns of shooting. Not to mention that it scattered my Dwarfen battle line in the previous game. Although points wise it might not seem like a good trade, but I felt it helped dylan get a draw with my Dwarfs... Fortunately this game in turn 3, it MISFIRED and ate all the damned Chaos Dwarfs... So it started rampaging around and as I had broken through Dylan's battle line with my Vampire Count and her skeletal cohort, that made things interesting...

We actually realised we had fully painted armies! So we took a pic and only one pic! This is after Dylan's first turn move, and my deployment. (The skeleton unit on the right of the cottage bust through Dylan's centre. Whilst over on the left of the well, his cavalry and my black knights face off...)

Anyway, after my skeletons and vampire busted through the chaos center, the hellcannon actually protected the rear of the chaos army (rampaging around), as such I could not turn the unit around to attack the rear, rather I had to defend against the infernal Hell machine.

And its an awfully 'tough as nails' thing!

With 4 attacks, god knows how many wounds, a 3+ save, Strength 6 and toughness 7. It was impossible to beat the damn thing in combat too!!!! Lesson 1: I had skeletons with spears, but with strength 3 it was impossible to wound it even! Lesson 2: if i opted to parry with my skeletons, my bones would get a 4+ save, which was nicely nullified by its strength 6! So that made my skeletons kinda useless Lesson3: even with a vampire count, although a Lahmian, poor Irina had to wound on 6s... ooh. Then he had his armour save (modified to 5+). Gosh! Lesson 4: It was unbreakable too! So although the thing was a daemon, there was no way I could extricate myself from the battle, in fact it was slowly chomping through my pile o bones.

The moral of the story is: avoid the damn thing from far or near... unless you have a lascannon or a power fist.

Finally, it was another close grinding battle as we whittled each other down. The vampires holding on to a Minor Victory!!!

No comments: