Monday, August 07, 2006

Terrain: Well

Heya! I've actually finished up the Well. Here are some of the pics...
I didn't want the Well to look all grey, so I decided to paint the bricks and the roof tiles in the much underused, much maligned Terracotta. With additional highlights of Bleached Bone added to it.
With the rest of floor tiles and trough in the traditional grey theme.



I added some cute details to the well like the rope for the bucket, made of 2 thin gauge wires twisted together and a quick lick of Vomit Brown. It makes the well more visually appealing, and humourous.


I also decided to add some resin to resemble water. The roof and struts can be removed to show the well with the water in it. I'm still comtemplating whether I should glue the roof down permanantly, but I thought it'd be better to be flexible, but the paint off the struts gets scratched off easily as you remove or put in the roof. Any comments?

Well? Do you think well of my well? Hahaha

Last but not least!!!!

Gorthmaw Childtaker's Beast Herd rampages through the Empire village of Bogenshafen!

Last to the Trio of terrain is the really much complicated Blacksmith's Forge. But I want to make a couple of swamps (having fun with the resin) before I embark on that project. But our village is slowly coming to life!

No comments: