Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What a lot of 1s

Following Junx's post, I'd like to continue the gripe.
In turn 1, My Runelord with an anvil of doom misfired on turn 1 (and i didn't use the ancient powers), though fortunately nothing happened... but still!!! it was irritating. And with a cannon shot landing in front of a unit of Bloodletters with the cowering Exalted Daemon behind, i rolled a 2 to bounce...

In turn two and on, it got worse:
First the cannon shot hit a flesh hound before hitting the vile Exalted Daemon. And guess what I rolled a 1 to wound the bloody khorne beast. Only to proceed to roll another 1 to wound the Exalted Daemon!

With his unit of Flesh hounds charging my Ironbreakers, only for his flesh hounds to lose by 5, since we didn't hurt each other... ranks, standards and outnumber. Still he rolled a double 1s to stay in combat!!

The shooting was quite bad too... From a total of 12 wounds on his flesh hounds and letters, he managed to save 9 wounds... on a 5+ ward... The blood god was indeed on the battlefield.

Then came the big fight! With my long beards and a unit of dwarf warriors and a battle standard, I duffed the heck outta the Bloodletters. Winning by a whopping 7 points, he rolled another double 1s. This was beginning to be to hard to bear. As even if he rolled higher his daemons would still lose some models due to instability... but... sigh.

With the blood thirster coming, I forgot to use my runelord to restrict his flying... but junx wouldn't allow me to double back to use the power, I was in the close combat phase. So out of 3 turns my 175 point investment only worked once. And in the next turn, his Greater Daemon flew in for the kill... It was too late.

I decided to call it a day and return to the dwarf holds. It was a bloody day for the Blood God, with his throne piled with dwarfen skulls.

sob. sob. sob.

No comments: