Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Developments with Jason

Just to give you all a heads up on all I've been up to so far for my painting challenge.
Firstly, is my high elf mage. I've done some simple sculpting to my mage conversion. Mainly to putty up the gaps and bulk up the robes of the archer legs, just to give it some width so that it's not so 'top heavy'.

And also did some sculpting to the back of the mage, just under the rather insanely ridiculously huge collar of his... I initially had a robe from the hero box attached to the back, but it didn't really rest well on the mage and looked a bit unnatural. So i ripped it out and decided to sculpt in some folds to add some detail as well as hide the damage done by the plastic glue. So hopefully i can base him up soon and get him undercoated, then we're in business!!!

Next up is the HMS Repulse. Did the most work on this so far. It's quite enjoyable and quite a different experience. The colours are not 'exactly' the same as the tamiya ones I guess... sorry rom... I was adapting with GW paints instead... Still hopefully, it's up to snuff.
Well, I've constructed the main bridge and will commence on the rear bridge. In terms of construction, well, not that far now. After that it's to put on the main camo colours on...
Last but not least. I'd thought i'd put up a pic of the last project. The based and undercoated dark elf sorceress... haha... Junx, bet you thought I'd forgot about her...


Well, besides the couple of games of Space Hulk, I'm kinda itchy for a game... oh well, we'll see how it goes... (uh oh... see the half painted blood angel space marines in the background?)

No comments: