Sunday, December 05, 2010

Encounter at Bright Hill Pass

Upon a very cold winter's day, i decided upon an ill advised path through bright hill pass which would cut off at least 4 days travel on my journey towards Praag.

A colder day I cannot remember. As i came to the narrowest part of the pass, i chanced upon a building in need of repair. As dusk was almost upon the mountains, i decided to seek shelter there.

I regret my decision. I should have listened to the inn keeper's advice and avoid this pass.

The building was not meant for any mortal to seek shelter, the cold outside would have been a better friend. There were beings in that mansion that is beyond human comprehension. Voices that speak to me, shadows that start to appear in the dimming light.

Instantly, i decided to exit the cursed building, however the gods had sealed my fate, it was not to be. Arrayed in the pass before me a mighty horde of northern men, with a hideous giant standing a few hundred paces from here i stood. A demonic engine most evil that the human language cannot describe was lumbering into position.

I was fated to remain here.

YOU who are reading this parchment, take heed and leave this haunted building now!

As i pen these last words, i can feel the shadows closing on me...it will be dark soon...

1 comment:

Uzagudun said...

Nice short :)